Harlee decided she wanted to enter the school Reflections contest. She asked Grandpa Kelly and Grandma Debbie to take her to shoot pictures of birds and wildlife. They woke up early and went up to Antelope Island. She had a great time and took some awesome shots. She definitely has some of her grandpa's genes because she truly enjoyed every moment and now wants a camera.
Grandpa helped her put the pictures together in a collage and it turned out quite fabulous - the judges thought so too! Great job Harlee, and thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Posted by Wendy at 7:29 AM
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tis the season for change, and in December I will be making a big one. Keep posted for updates and info about my new business adventure - a nail spa and gift gallery!
Posted by Wendy at 8:07 PM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
In honor of the big Eleven, here are eleven fantastic things about Harlee.
1. Harlee loves to talk! She could talk for hours about pretty much anything.
2. Harlee loves to ask questions! This could also go on forever, so Kenny decided on a new policy of giving her a daily limit - she always meets her quota!
3. Harlee is extremely helpful. She is always willing to help anyone with anything they need.
4. Harlee is creative and artistic. She loves to draw, color, scrapbook, do crafts, and create.
5. Harlee is an excellent student. She always does her best work and gets good grades.
6.Harlee's favorite colors are pink and green.
7. Harlee really enjoys ranch dressing, I think her favorite food is probably ranch with a side of crispy chicken strips.
8. Harlee loves to read, especially fairy books.
9. Harlee loves nature and the great outdoors, she has recently decided she likes photography.
10. Harlee loves shopping, I am teaching her the art of deal and bargain finding.
11. Harlee is a fantastic daughter, sister and friend!
Posted by Wendy at 9:05 PM
Halloween is definitely one of our favorite holidays, but this year it seemed like Halloween went on forever. Between trunk or treat, Hee Haws preschool field trips, never ending costume making, school costume parades, pumpkin picking and trick or treating, I was somewhat glad to have the actual day finally end.
I think the boys were happy with their werewolf costumes, at least they loved wearing them. Whenever they put them on they went right into werewolf mode, growling and howling. Harlee and Gentri were happy with their butterfly fairy costumes, and I am happy to be done constructing them all! I am sure I will be finding little bits of glitter and fur all over the house clear until next Halloween. Yesterday I even discovered Kenny had a bit of a glittery glow to him, luckily I caught it just in time before he went to the gym. I'm sure the guys would have never let him live it down!
Posted by Wendy at 7:47 PM
Gentri and Harlee's Grandpa grows pumpkins for them to sell each year. It is quite the little business, they spend a few weekends at the roadside stand and earn some spending money. We took the boys over to pick a pumpkin and support their sisters. We ended up with 3 really cute little pumpkins and one tiny green one.
Posted by Wendy at 7:08 PM